Now this is both interesting and unexpected. Microsoft today unveiled a new Xbox Music for Developers program, opening up Xbox Music to web and app developers. Through the new program, it’s now possible for developers to create web and mobile apps with an amazing array of Xbox Music features.
According to the developer documentation, the Xbox Music API lets you do the following:
- Get the details of an album, an artist, or a track if you know its ID.
- Search for any album, artist, or track details based on a string of keywords—for example, “Madonna hang out”.
- Get the top tracks and newest albums of an artist.
- Get a deep link that redirects nicely to the Xbox Music applications, whether on the web, on Windows Phone, on Windows 8, on Windows 8.1, or from some other platform.
- Get album covers.
- Get artist images.
- Become an affiliate and start earning revenue from sales you generate on Xbox Music applications.
What do you guys think? Seems pretty interesting.