May 8, 2012
I am a sucker for a great infographic just as much as the next guy or gal. My best post of 2012 so far (and by far) is 8 great marketing infographics to inspire you in 2012.
With more than 2,400 Retweets, 650 “pins,” 200 LinkedIn shares, 47 “likes” and 45 Google+ shares and 25 comments, I was truly astonished by the amount of support and interest.
So in the next week, I will share 2 additional infographics to help inspire your efforts, to focus on your customers and to drive better results in 2012.
We know that mobile advertising is hot and I have already provided 4 steps to mobile marketing success. But if you’re still not convinced or you haven’t established your mobile strategy, then this post is for you…
The original “8 great infographics” post included a mobile marketing chart that showed the size of the mobile market compared to other channels and in context of the average person’s use of mobile technology to access information.
This one goes a little further and provides 18 facts and stats on the state of the mobile market:
- 4 billion mobile phones in use worldwide
- 27% of those are smart phones
- 75% are SMS-enabled
- By 2014 the mobile internet will over take desktop internet users
- One half of all local searches are performed on mobile devices
- Mobile tags provide more product information than traditional bar codes
- 86% of mobile internet users are using their device while watching TV
- 29% of mobile users are open to scanning a mobile tag to get a coupon
- Americans average 2.7 hours per day on their mobile device
- That’s twice the amount of time spent eating
- And that’s more than one-third of the time Americans send sleeping
- 91% of mobile internet access is for socializing vs. 79% on desktops
- Games, weather and maps/search are the largest search categories on mobile devices
- Over one-third of Facebook’s 600+ Million user base uses Facebook mobile
- 50% of Twitter’s 165 million users are accessing the site through Twitter mobile
- 200 Million+ video views happen on a mobile device
- 30% of smartphone owners access social networks from their mobile device
- Women 35-54 are the most social-mobile active